Sunday, December 16, 2007

Snowstorm!


Miguel and Michael were up early this morning, being good neighbors. Michael shoveled and Miguel helped by nibbling down the snow drifts. He's teething again, so it was probably a good strategy.

I was out with Miguel yesterday for a stroll and more than one female elder suggested I shouldn't have him out in the cold. Now, I tend to second guess pretty much every breath I take, but it seems to me that human beings have been mucking around in winter for thousands of years. Taking him out for fresh air is far preferable to crackling in the dry house all day.

Our biggest challenge so far is that we can't seem to get his new boots on correctly--his heel just won't snuggle in all the way even though the shoes are plenty big. We even went to a fancy local shoe store to get fitted because we had no idea what we were doing! I would have loved plenty of unsolicited advice then. . . .
Click here for pictures of last week's snow frolic with Violet.

4 comments:

Michael said...

Ok, the truth is I tried to get Miguel to shovel, but then he told me how fun shovelling is, so I gave him an apple to let me clear the walk . . . .

Auntie Jan said...

These are fabulous, and I love the giant pickle!

Jessica said...

the cold is GOOD FOR BABIES. Tell those old biddies to shove it.

Shawn Greene said...

As Shawn keeps saying, there are TROPICAL diseases, not ARCTIC diseases. All babies should go out in the cold and breathe the fresh, crisp air!
-Kat